This is usually a DNS error. It's telling you it can't find an IP address for the given hostname
-Dave

At 08:57 AM 12/19/2003, Jay Blanchard wrote:
Good morning group!

I am running PHP 4.3.4RC1 on a FreeBSD sevrer that recently came online
as an upgrade from another server. (previous PHP version was 4.1.n) Via
a CRON job I am running a script that was working fine to ftp another
server, download some files, and then process those files. Here is the
code snippet where the failure occurs...

// ftp variables
$ftp_server = "rc.foo.com";
$ftp_user = "foo";
$ftp_pass = "foopass";

// connect to ftp server
$ftpc = ftp_connect($ftp_server); <--LINE 36
if(!ftp_login($ftpc, $ftp_user, $ftp_pass)){
        echo "Could not login to $ftp_server";
        exit();
}

The CRON reports this

PHP Warning:  ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo
failed: No address associated with hostname in
/usr/local/www/data.default/crm/parsecdr.php on line 36

The only reference I could find to this problem was in
http://www.php.net/fopen which said that Apache should be restarted. I
have done the restart and I am for the CRON job to run again in the next
few minutes. While I am waiting has anyone ever seen this error? If so,
can you give me an idea of what I may need to do to fix the problem? I
would be so appreciative and will put in a good word with Santa for you.

Thanks!