Hi,

It's often said in many newsgroups and articles that the max_file_size is next to useless. It's also said that once IE starts uploading it will not stop even if you keep you foot on the stop button!

If i remembers the earlier messages you have said the php.ini settings are correct. If so it could well be that you might be having misconfigured proxy server or firewall in the way.

Apache also has a setting (LimitRequestBody) that could effect your upload.

all the best

Chris wrote:

I don't believe that the MAX_FILE_SIZE needs to be there. It will only
terminate the upload process at the client, rather than wait for the upload
to complete.

Anyway with or without MAX_FILE_SIZE the upload process is being terminated
after the file is uploaded.

When the form is submitted, the selected file is uploaded to the server's
temp directory then copied to the maps dir.  For some reason, when the file
size exceeds 11kb (very small) the process
gets aborted (with or without MAX_FILE_SIZE). I've put in diagnostic
messages and the POST script throws an error message if it can't find the
file
in the temp directory. I've uploaded several file sizes up to the max of 2MB
and it appears the file is being uploaded. I base this assumption on the
fact the upload time is proportional to the file size. When the file size is
greater than 11kb it appears that the file is deleted from the temp dir.

Still no idea what is going on.
Chris

"Larry Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The <input type="hidden" ... is more than a convenience for the client.

It

must be before the ...type="file"... tag and after <form.. (at least with
Mozilla Firebird as the client) If you have it in there and remember it is
in bytes not kb and set it to a size large enough the script accepting the
file will show $_FILE['name'] and it will show $_FILE['tmp_name'] having

the

temporary file. Then you take that hidden tag out and do the same the
$_FILE['tmp_name'] variable will be empty since it did not recieve the

file.

So I know at least in my case that the hidden field has to be there.

Larry