hello

I'm new with php just learning and i have just a problem with the following
code

$dbconnect = mysql_connect("localhost", "prog_tony","PASSWORD");
mysql_select_db("prog_dealer", $dbconnect);
$stop = 0;
$counter = 1;
while(!$stop){
        $query = "SELECT name FROM category WHERE id = $counter";
        $dbdo = mysql_query($query,$dbconnect);
        while($row= mysql_fetch_array($dbdo)){
                if($row[0]){
                        $counter++;
                }else{
                        $stop=1;
                }
                        $row[0] = "";

I'm getting an error with mysql_fetch_array() which is line 14 because I
didn't show the other lines since it is not relevant.
here is the error
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result
resource in /home/prog/public_html/php/cateadded.php on line 14

Thank you