Not sure I understand, but it sounds like you'd want to do something like:

$dir = "yourdir/";
$d = dir( $dir );

while (false !== ($file = $d->read())) {
    if( substr( $file, 0, 1 ) == "." ) {
        continue;
    }
    $fp = fopen( $dir . $file, "r" );
    $contentArray = split( "<!--[a-z ]-->", fread( $fp, $file, filesize(
$dir . $file ) ) )
    //deal with $contentArray here
    fclose( $fp );
}