I'm trying to use str_replace to ignore sertain characters from a recordset
field and it seems I am having difficulties with ignoring commas and
carriage returns. I've gotten the following but when searching for, let's
say, New York. When York is at the end of a sentence from a recordset field
it is skipped and if it has a comma like York, it is skipped. Any ideas?
Here's the code I'm using so far

//IGNORED CHARACTERS
$replacement = array("\"", "\,", ".", "!", "?");

//CREATE THE ARRAY OF WORDS
//STRIP SLASHES, IGNORE CAPS, IGNORE REPLACEMET CHARACTERS
//$keywords = form field value
$words=explode(" ", stripslashes(strtolower(str_replace($replacement, "",
$keywords))));