Hi folks,

I would like to announce the public Call for Papers for the PHP and Web Standards Conference UK 2004.

The PHP and Web Standards (PaWS) Conference will cover using PHP, Web Standards and the Semantic Web separately and in conjunction with each other.

We would like to stress that whether you are interested in PHP, Web Standards or the Semantic Web there will be talks geared to all audiences. Some of our content will cover the usage of these together, but we will be providing much content that is one or the other.

The date for this event is February 20th - 24th 2004 and will be held in Manchester.

We will be having almost 50 hours of talks and additional workshops on top of this. We hope to also provide after hours facilities for gatherings and such (for example, an (informal?) PEAR/Internals meeting could be held).

The conference topics include:

PHP

    * General PHP
    * PHP and XML
    * PHP5 + OOP
    * PHP and Corporate Solutions
    * PHP and Alternate Interfaces (Flash, GTK etc.)
    * PHP and Databases
    * PHP Extensions
    * PHP and Web Standards

Web Standards

    * Web Standards Advocacy (Why we should use them)
    * The Semantic Web
    * Web Standards and Corporate Solutions
    * XML (Including XSLT, XPath etc.)
    * Web Development Using Web Standards

For more information on submitting papers, and on the conference itself, please visit http://pawscon.com/speakers or http://pawscon.com.

The due date for papers in January 17th and papers will be selected by January 20th.

We look forward to your submissions, and if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

- Davey