Matt,

>From the php manual:

The restriction specified with open_basedir is actually a prefix, not a directory
name. This means that "open_basedir = /dir/incl" also allows access to "/dir/include"
and "/dir/incls" if they exist. When you want to restrict access to only the specified
directory, end with a slash. For example: "open_basedir = /dir/incl/"

php manual link:

http://www.zend.com/manual/features.safe-mode.php

Tom Dangler

>>> "Matt Grimm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/08/04 07:16PM >>>
Can anyone clarify this for me?  Is open_basedir recursive or restricted to
the exact paths specified?

--
Matt Grimm

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]