Thanks for the great input guys.  Sounds like I'm using a sound method now
with full server-side validation.  Perhaps to make the most user- and
server-friendly forms, one could use JavaScript as a guide to the user,
alerting them to erroneous input and suggesting alternatives rather than
being relied upon for more serious validation.

--
Matt Grimm

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]