Andreas Magnusson wrote:

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows of a way to detect if a session has expired
(when your session.cookie_lifetime != 0).
I've tried to see if the session-vars are unset, but that doesn't seem to be
the case, still everythings seems to be lost.
My problem is that I have a page which the user must log in to in order to
access it (I use sessions for this).
This page contains a form which may take some time to fill in.
Now the session may expire during this time and all data will be lost.
My plan is to allow the user to login again without losing the data but this
requires me to know if the session has expired.

If you set $_SESSION['user'] and at some point it's not set anymore, then the session expired. Start a new one, throw the form data into the session ($_SESSION['post'] = $_POST), allow the user to log in and redirect back to form processing page, extract post data ($_POST = $_SESSION['post']), and process the form.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com