Depends on how you/they install it... If you run PHP as Apache/Isapi module,
php.ini should be located in \windows, and php4ts.dll should be placed
\windows\system32 (nt/2k/xp) or \windows\system (9x/me), however, I suggest
you only copy it there, and leave a copy where you found it... Accutually,
my system32 dir does not contain a php4ts.dll... The only place that file is
located for me is in C:\php..

And suddenly, you find yourself configuring the preconfigured package
manually anyway... : )

Oh, and btw, in windows explorer, select tools->folder properties (something
like that, my XP is swedish so I'm guessing on translations), goto the
second tab (display or something)... Here's my suggested settings:

 Hidden files and folders
    (*) Show hidden files / folders
    (  ) Don't show
 [ ] Hide extensions for known filetypes
 [ ] Hide protected system files
 [x] Display the contents of system folders

The ones I didn't mention isn't really important in my opnion, at least not
for now... If you have those settings, you should be able to locate php.ini
if you get complaints about already existing... You might get some warnings
about showing some files, but unless you plan on going into the system
folder, open up some random file, change the content and save it, you can
ignore those warnings... I mean, you wouldn't edit any of those if you
didn't know exactly what you were doing, right?

--
// DvDmanDT
MSN: dvdmandt€hotmail.com
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]