I'm using non-cookie-based sessions for authentication on a page.  The
session is set like so, which works (these values, along with the SID, are
always retrievable):

$_SESSION['user'] = $_POST['UserName'];
$_SESSION['time'] = time();

My problem is when I get to the protected site area, in which a header
script calls session_start() at the top (first line).  Seemingly randomly,
while navigating links within this area, I get blank white pages.  If I
comment out the session_start() line, it doesn't happen.  If I spit out the
session variables in the resulting page, they are echoed, but that's it --
it's a blank white page otherwise.

The apache error log is silent, and the access log is normal.  No php errors
are displayed or written to the log.  Here's the real kicker -- if I refresh
the page, it loads correctly.  What is going on?

Thank you,
--
Matt Grimm
Web Developer