From: John W. Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 5:07 PM
To: Boaz Yahav
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] /VAR is driving me crazy

Boaz Yahav wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone have an idea what is so special about the string "/VAR" ?
> If i create a form that submits to a php file and in the form i put
> the string /VAR anywhere in the text or just /VAR I get an 404 error
> from apache on an existing
> file. If i take the same form and remove the /VAR string all is ok.
>
> I'm not sure if this is an apache issue or PHP. Did anyone encounter
> such a behavior?

The only thing I can think of is that if you're using GET as your form
method and end up with something like:

www.domain.com/file.php?v=/VAR

then maybe for some odd reason you're web server is actually looking for

a path of "file.php?v=" and "VAR" instead of realizing the "/VAR" is in
a query string. That shouldn't be happening, though.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals - www.phparch.com