Adding any of those headers still does not remove the ".php" from the end of the file when I am prompted for the download. I have a client that will be downloading this file, and I do not wish to instruct them to first remove the ".php" extension before they can view it.

-Ben

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Alright.  You've all given some great suggestions, and I'm going to
track them down.  But, for now, I'm settling for creating a CSV file.

My next question:  How do I get the file to download without the ".php"
extension on the end?  It's downloading it as "filename.csv.php".

The code to right my headers is:

header("Content-Type: text/comma-separated-values");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$name.csv");

Do I need to add another header?

Here is an edited function i did from the pear spreadsheet writer class

function send($filename,$action=DOWNLOAD)
    {
                header("Content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel");
                switch ($action) {
                        case 'DOWNLOAD':
                        header("Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename=$filename");
                        break;
                case 'OUTPUT':
                                header("Content-Disposition: inline;
filename=$filename");
                                header("Content-Description: PHP Generated
Data");
                        break;
                }
                header("Expires: 0");
                header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0,pre-
check=0");
                header("Pragma: public");