H-

I'm kinda new to the PHP scene so if the below plea for help is
incredibly simple ... well.. What can I say? I'm stuck.

I've been on the PHP website for the last hour reading the documentation
on arrays and all the functions associated with it but have yet to find
a straight forward explaination on how to accomplish this code.
Here's what I have: (PHP4)
 $m = "03";
 $list = array(01=>"Jan", 02=>"Feb", 03=>"Mar", 04=>"Apr", 05=>"May",
06=>"Jun", 07=>"Jul", 08=>"Aug", 09=>"Sep\", 10=>"Oct", 11=>"Nov",
12="Dec");
 $month = $list[$m];
 print "$month\n";

What I want to print is the month in Text format, which in this instance
should be Mar .
I even tried: $month = array_keys($list, $m);

Now I know that $list[x]; references the location of an item so I know
why the previous code doesn't work in that respect, since nowhere is 01
a location but an association within the array. Right?

I've seen examples on printing every element of an array. Printing every
element of a 2d array, poping elements from the beginning and end of an
array but not an example of getting a single element from an array.

I'm sure I'm doing something backwards and might even be confused on how
the array works but don't know what.
If any one has any better solutions to this code please feel free to
post.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.
-Sterling