--- Diana Castillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you store session variables , but the user has session cookies
> disabled, is there any way to recuperate those session variables?

Cookies come in two types: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session
cookies have no set expiration date, so they expire as soon as the browser
session ends. Persistent cookies don't expire until the date indicated,
and this often involves persisting them in a file (cookies.txt, for
example).

So, I think you just mean to ask how to make sessions work when the user
has disabled cookies. Cookies are only used to propagate the session
identifier, so you don't lose session data. At worst, you would just be
unable to identify the user on the next request.

PHP handles this last potential problem for you with the
session.use_trans_sid php.ini directive. This will rewrite your URLs (in
links and such) to include the session identifier, and PHP will
automatically check both for the bookie and the URL variable. So, you will
probably not need to do anything special.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/