I have a page that calls functions from two different include files. Unfortunately, some of the functions have the same name; but are slightly different.

I know I can change the names of the conflicting functions; but, that is a bit of a chore.

Is it possible to control from which include file the functions are used?

I tried putting the include statement just before the function call, hoping the server would replace the functions with the new include. I'm using include_once. It didn't work.

I tried putting the include file with the function call inside of a function. Didn't work, still executed the functions stated at the top of the page.

Any suggestions?