Freedomware <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Friday, January 23, 2004 3:19 AM said:

> HOWEVER, it said the better method was to type in either "http" or (I
> can't remember the second choice offhand). I think I did it on line
> 133 (see below.

Just to clarify. The difference between the two methods is that in the
case where you specify your username/password within the config file,
phpMyAdmin will use that data to connect to the db REGARDLESS of who
accesses the phpMyAdmin url. If you put the mysql root username/password
in there you'll give root access to anyone that knows the url.

On the other hand if you choose http and leave the username/password
blank you force the person trying to use phpMyAdmin to enter a valid
username and password each time they try to use it. And of course this
includes you too.

Also the http setting is being ignored because you've defined a
username/password within the config file. I imagine that when it's
those values defined and it just skips the other part because it's not
even worth thinking about (the http part that is).

HTH,
Chris.