On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:51, Erick Papadakis wrote:
> hello, i need to read a microsoft Word document on the server through
> my file system. is there a way i can read the text of a word document?
>
> thanks/erick

If youu are on a *nix system, there is a package called mswordview, or
alternatively you could check the www.htdig.org site for document parsers
(catdoc.pl and parsedoc.pl, I think).

If you are on Windows you could of course use Turd itself, but I think
there is also some sort of Word doc viewer; whether they will do what you
want is another story.

--
David Robley                        | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES  | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/