I would suggest for you to take all the complicated stuff out of a simple text
script and try something like this:
<%
setcookie("TestValue","Working",600)
%>

Make sure that nothing is being sent prior to setting the cookie, and see if IE
prompts you...

Good Luck!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to set a cookie and it doesn't work.  I am running IE 5.
> I have IE set to prompt before setting cookies but I never get a prompt.
>
> Here is my code - basically, if someone logs in, it is to set a cookie.
> What am I missing?   Kris
>
>         if($success==1){
>             $loginid="$id";
>             NewSessionID($id);
>             GetProfile($id);
>             $page_title="LTT: $loginid Index";
>             include("html-head.php3");
>             if($id==""){
>                     include("ln/ln_ln_dna.php3");
>                     exit;
>                 }
>                 include("ms/rg1/index.php3");
>                 exit;
>             }
>
> function NewSessionID($id){
>         $sid="";
>         $length=16;
>         srand((double)microtime()*1000000);
>         $SessPool = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";
>         $SessPool .= "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz";
>         $SessPool .= "0123456789";
>
>         for($tempslime=0; $tempslime < $length; $tempslime++) {
>                 $sid .= substr($SessPool, (rand()%(strlen($SessPool))), 1);
>                 }
>         setcookie("LoginAuth", $sid,time()+3600);
>         }

Jack Sasportas
Innovative Internet Solutions
Phone 305.665.2500