On 27 January 2004 15:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am trying to find a reliable method to clean out all session
> variables and start clean.
>
> Running PHP 4.3.1 on Win2K developing a web app to run on Linux.
> Session cookies are enabled, register globals is off.  I access all
> session variables with $_SESSION.
>
> What I have found is that if I use unset($_SESSION), set a single
> variable, and redirect, the OLD session data is passed to the
> new page.
> However if I use session_unset() or $_SESSION = array() and set my
> single variable, the data is passed properly.
>
> Shouldn't unset($_SESSION) work?

No.  The following Caution appears in the manual (at
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php#session.examples):

Caution
Do NOT unset the whole $_SESSION with unset($_SESSION) as this will disable the
registering of session variables through the $_SESSION superglobal.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]