Hi all,

First I had a problem that text from a textarea form object passed to mail()
ended up as a single line of text in MS Outlook.
I changed the newlines to newlines _with_ carriage returns:
strtr($mailbody, "\n", "\r\n");

Now it's not a single line of text but every newline skips an extra line
?!?!
The following is typed in the textarea en passed to mail():
"line 1
line 2
line 3"

In Outlook it shows as:
"line 1

line 2

line 3"

The "\n" alone gives a single line of text, the "\r\n" gives an extra empty
line between each line. (the "\r" alone ends up the same as "\r\n").

What is going on here?
How can I fix this?

Regards;
Eelco.