[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<snip>
Here's the problem. In ParseFile I call the function:

array_push($this->$includedFiles, $ifName);

Here you have it ending in an 's'....

where $ifName is the name of an include file I found in the code. However, I get an error stating the first argument must be an array. So I tried making the constructor look like this:

        function clsfTreeNode( $fileName )
        {
                $this->$fName = $fileName;
                $this->$fData = file_get_contents($this->$fName);
                $this->$includedFile = array();

Here you have it without an 's'....

                $this->ParseFile();

                print count($this->$includedFiles);
        }

and that seems to work ok EXCEPT that $fData also becomes an array and it's contents erased! I've tried moving things around, etc but no matter where i make $includedFile an array $fData gets screwed up. If I don't explicitly make $includedFile an array then nothing works anyway.

I'm going out of my mind trying to get this to work, and it shouldn't be so hard. I'm using php 4.3.4 on a WinXP machine. Any thoughts?

Don't know if the 's' is the problem, but it's a start. Also, you may want to declare you $includeFile(s) as an array at the start of your class. I'm just guessing here, but declaring it as such ($this->$includeFile = array()) may be emptying $this too.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush