On Wednesday 28 January 2004 01:35 pm, John W. Holmes wrote:
> Depends how you define "mess them up"... If you want to display
> literally on a web page, then you need to write   in the source.
> So this may not be messing things up but rather preparing them to be shown
> on a web page, literally.
>
> ---John Holmes...

True, but the bottom line is
  !==

Me personally, I rather keep it in its simplest form " "
For example, if you run   through str_replace('&', ' ', $foo)
again, it becomes even more "messed up".

The point Im trying to make, is to watch out using str_replace() to convert &
to & or something else thats similar, because, one may end up with a
situation where they have content like   on their hands.