Daryl Meese wrote:

Hello all,

I am considering changing hosting providers and moving from FreeBSD to
Linux.

My question is are there any PHP related issues to moving (functions that
don't work on Linux but do on FreeBSD, etc)?

I doubt there are but have to cover the bases.

Nope, no issues that I'm aware of (shouldn't be). Functions working and not working will depend on a) the functions you're currently using, b) version of php on the different hosts, and c) if the new host has the options compiled in that you're currently using.

Also, if you got any suggestions for hosts with solid dedicated server plans
I would appreciate replies of the list.

Thanks,

Daryl Meese

I've had good experiences with JTLNet (http://www.jtlnet.com)