On 05 February 2004 11:30, Harry Sufehmi wrote:

<...SNIP...>

> As you can see, the content will be secured, but the script
> is now becoming the weak point since it'll store the
> encryption key needed to decrypt the content.

I hope you don't mean that literally.  If you're really being security conscious, the
encryption keys should be in an include file that lives *outside* the Web document
tree.  If your include path is given relative to the including script, a hacker also
has to know the local pathname to the script in order to deduce the location of the
included file containing the keys.

On my site, the *only* PHP scripts visible to the Web server look like this:

<?php
  ini_set('include_path', '../../relative/path/to/includes/');

  require 'real_script.php';
?>

... and the only reason that the include_path is set there and not in php.ini or
equivalent is that I'm not the admin of the server and don't have access to
configuration files!

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]