How large can that file be?

I have a func.php file that I'm putting all my reusable functions in but I
can see that getting pretty large if this project starts getting eaten up
with feature creep, er.., I mean additional functionality. (I know that'll
never happen...;->)

So how large is too large?  I have about 50 constants and globals right now
and it's probably going to get a little larger.  At what point do you break
up the files for performance versus convenience and maintainability?

I read the article that someone posted the other day about "good php coding
practices" and found that it contradicted a lot of what I have seen not only
on php.net but in this forum.  Some of what was written though made a
tremendous amount of sense.  Other was just common sense, like not putting
function calls in loops.

I think I need more coffee.......