On 2/16/04 1:24 AM, Adam Bregenzer wrote:

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 19:04, Vivian Steller wrote:

As you can see it is impossible to set the namespace manually! I tried to
set it with the help of a DomNamespaceNode-object but those objects are no
"real" nodes (why!?!) and the consequence is that you couldn't append such
a node with $node->appendChild($domnamspacenode_object); ...

I am not sure if PHP 5 has many changes from PHP 4, however have you
tried calling set_namespace[1]?
$node->set_namespace('http://www.somedomain.de/');

[1] http://www.php.net/domnode-set-namespace

Vivian, it's not possible the set the namespace according to the W3C standard, except with createElementNS(). As Adam said, in PHP 4, there was the option set_namespace, which isn't ported to PHP5 (yet).

Maybe we should port that function as well, to allow some deeper level manipulation of the namespaces...

Currently, I don't have a solution to your problem, except porting setNamespace to PHP5...

chregu

--
christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71