Hi all. I'm currently experiencing a problem deleting cookies on a test server. Before I go on, here's the server info:

Server 1
----------
Apache 1.3.29
PHP Version 4.3.4

Server 2
----------
Apache 2.0.48
PHP Version 4.3.4
Previously running PHP 5.0.0.a4

I've got a technical support app running on Server 1. Well I wanted to add some features and started playing around with PHP 5 and Apache 2 on Server 2. So, I tried out some of my scripts that used the following for using cookies.

Here's what I use to set the cookie.
$value=(time() + 9000) . ":$uid:$username:$gid:$fullname";
SetCookie("Trackookie", $value, 0, "", "server.mssystems.com" );

Here's what I use to delete the cookie.
SetCookie("Trackookie", "", time()-3600, "", "support.mssystems.com" );

Now, creating the cookie is no problem. Deleting the cookie is where I started having problems on Server 2. At first, I thought it was PHP5 so I went to PHP4. However, I still kept having the same problem.

Looking at the headers using Mozilla Live-Headers I was able to see that this was sent from both servers:

Set-Cookie: Trackookie=deleted; expires=Sun, 23-Feb-2003 22:47:22 GMT; domain=server.mssystems.com

However, if I look at the Mozilla cookie manager, I still see the cookie there for Server 2. If I try the same thing on Server 1, the cookie gets deleted without any problems.

I suspect it may be due to my using Apache 2 and downgrading won't be a problem, but I wanted to check first if anyone had been experiencing the same problems.

I should add, though, that I was a little overzealous and added quite a few extensions on Server 2 in order to experiment with them. Have there been any reports of extensions causing confllicts with cookies.

Thanks and I appreciate any general comments or advice about this.

do