I'm not actually looking for stats in this case. We had a very strange
occurrence yesterday wherein we had a few reports of porn links
appearing on one of our websites. So basically I'm going to be looking
for all log entries relating to that one specific section of our site
(which won't be a huge number) and then I will just need to take a look
through them and see if there's anything strange there.

Ah in that case grep is your friend.  just type
grep -i 'pornsite' logfile

you don't need php at all.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.