Hello,

On 02/24/2004 04:03 PM, Adam Voigt wrote:
He said he doesn't want to run commands, which this script does.

Did he? I read his message again and I could not see where he explicitly says he does not want to run commands.

What this class does is to let you access networked remote shares via Samba without having to mount them on the local file system.

I want to be able to manipulate files that are on my samba file server from
my PHP application. These shares are not normally mounted on my web server
and it would be inconvenient and yet another administative maintenance task
to do so.

So... I want to be able to present a form to the user where they can type a
URL (eg, //my.sambaserver/myshare/some/directory), a username and a
password and for PHP to be able to manipulate the files therein.

You may want to try this Samba Web client class that does precisely what you want:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smbwebclient

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos