--- Pance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have looked at all the vars in phpinfo() (I don't have access to the
> server ini files). And I can't see anything wrong.

I'm not sure if my message prompted this action, but if so, I see two
problems:

1. I'm sure you can "access" php.ini. The Web server typically runs as an
unprivileges user, such as nobody, and it can read php.ini. The output of
phpinfo() will let you know where it is, in case you're not sure.
2. I didn't suggest looking for something to be wrong. This is very
challenging for anyone who is not very experienced and familiar with the
session settings. My recommendation was to compare the old with the new.
You mentioned that you observed an undesirable change in behavior after
switching to a new server. What were your session settings before? What
are they know? What other differences are there?

> For example, today, I had the same page open for more than an hour, and
> my session code worked well. But other times, I'll work for 30 seconds
> and it will time out.

Where are your sessions being stored? If they're in /tmp, I suppose it's
possible that they're being deleted. Is safe_mode enabled on this server?

There are two ways for a session to end:

1. The session has been deleted, timed out, etc.
2. The client fails to identify itself, usually by a cookie named
PHPSESSID or by sending PHPSESSID in the URL.

Try to use this to help you identify which is causing the problem.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/