Vincent Bouret wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to figure out if there was any way I could run Apache in
Windows 2000 as a service which is allowed to interact with desktop and
which has network priviledges? I try to exec a an .exe from PHP which needs
network priviledges and which needs to interact with desktop.

By default, Apache installs as a service on Windows 2000.

Having Apache installed as a service has nothing to do with running an .exe in php, etc. That is dependent on how you configure PHP to run with Apache, and what security options you enable.

To enable some network functions (like sockets) you have to uncomment the extension line in your php.ini.

As far as interacting with the desktop -- if you could be more specific, that would help.