Yes, that's one way. It's currently in development for Win32, but it would be nice if it works on *nix later on aswell. Got a tip from a user in a chatroom to use Ncurses for it, but then I can't use it on win32.

Just to correct myself; it's chr(8) and not 7.

//Simon

Adam Voigt wrote:

I'm not sure of how you could do this, but one other thing you could do,
is like I've seen certain console FTP apps do, is just do a division of
the total size by whats downloaded, and have like 100 pound signs that
are gradually filled in as it downloads.