That's fine. What I was specifically looking for was whether there was some sort of setting I was missing in php.ini, since I know that the database is accepting large text just fine.

Thanks for the help, though. I guess I'll scrounge around elsewhere.

Jay Blanchard wrote:

[snip]
The problem is that I want to stick with standard SQL. I would assume that convert() is a MS SQL Server function, and, thus, not standard (will not work in other database formats).

Did what you read mention why the data was being truncated? Perhaps if I knew why, then I could fix it.
[/snip]

Since this is not a PHP issue may I refer you to
http://msdn.microsoft.com ? You will find a truckload of information
there as well as tons by searching Google for 'Microsoft SQL Server
column types'

-- Regards, Ben Ramsey http://benramsey.com http://www.phpcommunity.org/wiki/People/BenRamsey