Hello André,

AVL> but since the cookie stores the session id, I thought I could keep that
AVL> ID and bring it back.

You could, but PHP will automatically clear up "expired" sessions as
part of its garbage collection routine, which means its entirely
possible the session data will have been removed when the user returns
and you try retrieving it again.

You could try changing the session.cookie_lifetime in your php.ini
file, or via code by using the session_set_cookie_params() function.

Please note that this will lead to excessive build up of session data
files on your server, depending on the popularity of your site.

--
Best regards,
 Richard Davey