Im not quite sure what kind of advise your looking for... you want to know how todo
this? use a form, save the contents in the db. echo the contents to the screen to view
them.

table   category
field    category_id
field    category_date
field    category_name

I like to store dates as a unix time stamp , time(), you can play with them using
getdate() and mktime() those two functions will provide all the date verification you
need.

--

 Chris Lee
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Rob McMahan, Jr."" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
All,

I am new coder of PHP and I love it.  I have completed all the tutorials for
PHP 101 on Devshed.com .  I have PHP and MYSql up and running.  I have a
problem that I'm sure is is a very simple problem to solve for many of you.
I am looking at the best way to write this simple PHP script and I'm hoping
as an experienced coder out there can point me in the right direction.

I am experienced programmer in other languages such as C, ASP and VB.  So if
you could just help me get started on my problem with some high level
comments it would certainly be appreciated.  Also, don't about worry
security I can handle that part of it.

Here is what I want to solve:
I have a HTML page with categories and dates, the categories will remain
stagnate.  Only date field will change.
I need a PHP script that will:
1. Read in the HTML page.
2. Provide all the dates in editable format.
3. Allow the user to change the date.
4. Save the date change.
5. Write out the page with changed dates in HTML format.

If you could provide me some high level guidance on this or point to some
code snippets performing this type of task it would be wonderful. Thank you
in advance for you help.  I'm new to the open source community and  looking
forward to getting involved in PHP.

Rob McMahan, Jr.
Interlink Group Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]