have you edited your php.ini file ? you have to uncomment the imap dll.

extension=php_imap4r2.dll

if you dont have this dll, you'll have to find it, cant help you there.

--

 Chris Lee
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Nilesh Parmar"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001b01c0b54e$fa191c00$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001b01c0b54e$fa191c00$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
Hi  Gurus :)

 I have installed php4.0.4 on my windows 98 machine with apache .I am having
a problem while calling te imap_open() function.I get the following error.I
get this error also with Linux.(Redhat 7.0).
Call to undefined function: imap_open() in c:\Program Files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\imap.php

Do I require to configure any file or change any settings ?
 Can anyone figure out what is the problem.I can however telnet successfully
to my imap server.
 Thanx in advance
Nilesh Parmar