On 12 Mar 2004 Richard Davey wrote:

> P> 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mydatabase'
>
> You said that you use "apache" as the username for MySQL - is this
> something you've configured yourself?

It appears he is actually using a blank username as there is noting
before the '@' in the error message.

> If not, it should be "root" and the password should be blank unless
> you have also set that?

Configuring a MySQL database with a blank root password sounds like a
potential security risk to me ... why not just create a MySQL user/PW
for the specific PHP application and connect that way.  Then you can
grant that user just the privileges they need to deal with the actions
the web page can take (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE might be
enough, or even too much).

--
Tom