Hello,

P> Yes, I have it configured to run as apache. But, as I mentioned, I have no
P> problems accessing the database and running querys against it, it is only
P> the mysql_select_db function that fails.

You mean you have no problems querying the database from within
*MySQL* itself, right? i.e. from the command-line?

As Tom pointed out, your error stated that no username was given.

Have you tried the command using the root MySQL user account? It's
possible the "apache" one hasn't been configured correctly.

--
Best regards,
 Richard Davey