hi,

i'm running a server with Fedora Core 1.  this is using Apache 2.0.48
and PHP 4.3.4.

i have my http server root at /var/www/html/.  i have some virtual hosts
setup.

i've just installed phpMyAdmin 2.5.6.  my problem lies within the
auto_prepend_file and auto_append_file directives provided by PHP.  i
have no default prepended or appended files, but have these directives
set up for each virtual host.  so, the section of my httpd.conf file
that takes care of this, looks like so:

<Directory "/var/www/html/virtual_host1">
  php_value auto_prepend_file /var/www/html/virtual_host1/header.php
  php_value auto_append_file /var/www/html/virtual_host1/footer.php
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/html/virtual_host2">
  php_value auto_prepend_file /var/www/html/virtual_host2/header.php
  php_value auto_append_file /var/www/html/virtual_host2/footer.php
</Directory>

now, i have no header or footer defined for phpMyAdmin, which lies under
/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/.  but what happens, is that the header and
footer from my 1st virtual host are randomly included, making phpMyAdmin
look hideous, and often making it not work because it needs to place
information in the HTML Header.  whether or not these files are included
seems to be quite random, tho, as it does not happen all the time.  i
could log into phpMyAdmin just fine, browse through a few tables, and
then it will begin including the header and footer.  another thing i've
noticed though, is that these files never get included in the Fedora
Core Apache Test Page, which lies under /var/www/html/.

i think this looks like a bug in either PHP or Apache...  any ideas?

thanks!