Andy Lewis wrote:

Hello All,

I'm having a problem including an array in a hidden field for file
upload.

My first question is, can this be done? Can I actually include an array
in a hidden field on a POSTed PHP upload field?

can be done

If so do I have to encode the array. I use array's on my site and am
aware that I have to encode them to pass the values
from page to page but, for some reason I can't pass them thru a
multipart/form-data form upload. The file gets uploaded
with no problem.

You are posting to $PHP_SELF, are you sure you are not clobbering your $my_array variable before you attempt to retrieve it's value? What is your register globals settings?

My Code:

<form action="<?=$PHP_SELF?>" method="POST" name="sendit"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input name="<?= $upload_file_name; ?>" type="file" size="60">
<input type="submit" value="Upload">
<?
echo "<input type=\"hidden" name=\"my_array\" value=\"" .
base64_encode(serialize($my_array)) . "\">";
?>
</form>

The code does not compile.

--