At 6:06 PM +0100 3/15/04, Ryan A wrote:
I know this is pretty easy to do but I am horrorable at working with regular
expressions and was wondering if anybody might take a min to help please.

I will have a variable:   $the_extention
which will have a value like:    98797-234234--2c-something-2c

How do I take out the part which will always start with  "--2c" and will
always end with "-2c"

I'd be interested in the answer to this question as well. Seems like it should be easy.

A good "baby steps" tutorial on regex too would be appreciated.

This is a good one:

http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html

This google search turned up many tutorials:

http://tinyurl.com/2r3rf