Hi,

Wednesday, March 17, 2004, 11:28:04 AM, you wrote:
tcc> On 16 Mar 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
tcc> I have had questions about this for a while.  What is it about closing
tcc> and reopening the browser that PHP "notices" and that invalidates the
tcc> old session?

tcc> Also a comment ... I think with the right combination of session_id()
tcc> and session_name() calls you should be able to run multiple sessions on
tcc> the same browser at the same time.  I have never tried it but I did
tcc> have a client with an interest in it and I looked enough to say "well,
tcc> I think this is feasible -- we'd have to try it to be sure".

tcc> --
tcc> Tom

The default lifetime for session cookies is until the browser is
closed. You can run multiple sessions as long as they are to different
domains I think. I am pretty sure PHP can only handle 1 session per
client but you could always roll your own on top of that with
cookies/and or ID's

--
regards,
Tom