On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:03:12 +1000
Tom Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wednesday, March 17, 2004, 9:43:51 AM, you wrote:
> NR> I am running Apache/2.0.48 (Gentoo/Linux) mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.6k PHP/4.3.4
>
> NR> I have a drupal site set up, http://rout.dyndns.org/cagc
>
> NR> Since some time on Sunday i have had the following error appear at the
> NR> bottom of the page:
>
> NR> Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change
> NR> the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line
>
> NR> I then cannot login to the site. Some of the site functionality is there
> NR> (ie you can view the basic pages etc, but anything that needs a login to
> NR> acheive is no good)
>
> NR> When I search google I seem to find that this is a php error, although I
> NR> cannot see a fix anywhere.
>
> NR> Can anyone tell me where to look in order to sort this out. I am a php
> NR> newbie, so if there is any other info I need to provide please let me
> NR> know.
> NR> --
> NR> Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Check in php.ini session.auto_start it should be off if you want your
> own session control.

Thanks, it is set right, but I see some other things are not.

these other bits are set in a .htaccess file in the root of this
applications htdocs tree. When I execute a test.php file in the same
directory as the .htaccess file I presume the output of phpinfo() should
relect whats in the .htaccess file? If not, I assume I should be looking
in apache's config files at the AllowOveride stuff?