At 05:11 PM 3/26/01 -0600, Michael Champagne wrote:
>I have a huge database-driven list of clients with a checkbox next to each
>one.  When I check one of these clients, I'm wanting one of those small
>javascript boxes to pop up and display the contacts for this client (another
>database lookup) and allow me to select one via a radio button.  I figured I
>could do this via the checkbox's onclick event, but I'm not completely sure
>how.
>
>How do I bring up the box and display database information within?  Any help
>is GREATLY appreciated.

What I did for something like this was: I donwloaded all the information
that I'm (probably) going to use and store it in variables/arrays, but I
don't display them.
Only after an event happened, like onClick, I display the relevant
information using javascript, since javascript can access a php variable.

I don't if this can work for your problem. But the idea basically is
download everything first from server side, and display what is necessary
from client side. That way you minimizing the reload/refresh, which take
painfully long time for some of the clients.

Hope that helps
Reuben D. Budiardja

Reuben D. Budiardja
Web Database Application Programmer / Analyst
Devcorps, ITS
Goshen College, IN 46526