Hey guys,

I've been developing my site on a dev server with MySQL locally installed.
I've now moved the site to the production webserver and setup my databases
on the production dbserver, which are two different machines.

I have begin updating my connection variables and now I find I can't connect
to the database from within PHP. MySQL is installed on the webserver, but
not running as a daemon. If I run the mysql client and use the -h option, I
can connect to the database with no problems from the webserver.

I've tried manually specifying the port, tried hostname and ip address, made
sure safe_mode is off and I'm not having any luck.

I've checked in the phpinfo function and confirmed MySQL support is compiled
in:

MySQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links  0
Active Links  0
Client API version  4.0.16
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE  external
MYSQL_SOCKET  /tmp/mysql.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE  -I/usr/local/mysql/include
MYSQL_LIBS  -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient

Directive Local Value Master Value
mysql.allow_persistent On On
mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
mysql.default_host no value no value
mysql.default_password no value no value
mysql.default_port no value no value
mysql.default_socket no value no value
mysql.default_user no value no value
mysql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode Off Off

Can anyone give me ideas to get this working? I must admit, I'm stumped.

Here's the mysql_error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.44'

>From the webserver error log:

php4_execute reports: PHP Warning:  mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL
server on '192.168.1.44' (2)

Thanks,
Cameron