On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 03:24, Merlin wrote:
> I am trying to install php with XSLT support. Somehow it does not work
> out. I installed all packages which are explained on the install page of
> XSLT. But there seems to be a backend thing missing:
>
> This is from the ./configure command:
>
> checking whether to enable xslt support... yes
> checking for XSLT Sablotron backend... no
> checking for libexpat dir for Sablotron XSL support... no
> checking for iconv dir for Sablotron XSL support... no
> checking for JavaScript for Sablotron XSL support... no
> configure: error: No backend specified for XSLT extension.

What version of php are you trying to compile? What type of OS are you
compiling on?

It looks like a PHP4 compile and you need to install sablotron for the
XSLT backend. Check the documentation of sablotron for information on
how to install it.  You might want to look at PHP5 and see if you would
like to use libxslt.

--
Ray