Situation:  I have an HTML page on one server which
has a log-in form that includes just fields for User ID
and Password.  This form posts to a PHP script which
authenticates the user against information in a MySQL
database on the same server.  Once authenticated,
the script redirects the user to a page on a different
server.  This page is in a directory that is protected by
an .htaccess fixed pair of access codes, and is the
gateway to a "Members Only" archive of 700+ pages.
I had accomplished this redirection using a URL like:

http: // username:password @ domain.com/file.htm

Since Microsoft, in its wisdom, decided this method
posed a security risk and disabled its use in IE, this
no longer works.  I need to remain with the Basic
Authentication, since I can't add some PHP code to
700+ files to use cookies, or something similar, so
my question is:

    How do I pass the Members Only access codes
    to the user's browser so it will store, or "remember"
    them, so the user can go from one archived page
    to another?

The access codes for the Members Only directory
are different from the member's User ID and Password,
so I have to tell the second server to redirect 400 code
can authenticate the user/member with the database.
The problem is, how do I bypass the Windows pop-up
box for authentication on the client and simply pass
the access codes for server two directly to the browser?

Surely, someone must have encountered something
similar to this already . . . {:-)

Thanks,

Tyger Gilbert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ARIZONA WEB ADVERTISING
www.AzWebAds.com

Website Design / Domain Registration / Hosting
Banner Advertising / Web Promotional Campaigns