gordon stewart wrote:

Can someone point me in the right direction to some
tutorials ( & *EXAMPLES* ) to do the following
functions (or point mer to an appropriate forum - see
above)..

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/

:- Open a file & insert into an array/variable. (im
trying to figure that one out now - get file-open
errors)..

file()

(& close / flock etc... - not sure if flocking is on
PHP ?)

flock()

:- turn a variable (split it) into an array..

explode()

:- Loop through an array - & display a line IF it
matches another variable etc..

in_array()

I think those 3 things are good starting points - I
think I'll learn fast - But just need pointers to the
usage / PHP commands - That I know I can do in Perl..

http://us2.php.net/file http://us2.php.net/flock http://us2.php.net/explode http://us2.php.net/in_array etc...

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/