Jay Blanchard wrote:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'HXâÃÃÃppT ÃÃÃ7 GHÂÅÅÃÃÃ' ) ' at line 1

Now, if you look closely you can see and additional single quote in ÃR'âHXâ. I cannot use addslashes() here can I? Or should I base64_encode each item and then decode on the way back out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes, you still need to use addslashes() or mysql_escape_string() on the encrypted data string. It will not mess up the encryption. Encrypted or not, it's still a string and special characters need to be escaped.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals â www.phparch.com